What is URL Encoding/Decoding?
The process of converting specific characters in a URL with one or more character triplets made up of the percent symbol “%” and two hexadecimal digits. The first two hexadecimal digits of the triplet reprsent the substituted character’s numerical value.
- Use our free tool to encode/decode URL characters into the ASCII character set.
- You can send URLs over the Internet by using only ASCII character set.
- Transform URLs into a suitable ASCII format since URLs usually contain characters that are not part of the ASCII character set.
- Replace Unsafe ASCII characters URLs by a “%” followed by two hexadecimal digits.
- Spaces are not permitted in URLs. A plus (+) sign or (%20) is typically used in place of spaces in URLs.
How to URL Encode Decode Online?
Use our free tool to encode and decode any URL online for free. Paste the URL (Link or web address) in the box above and get encoded or decoded results in the assigned box.